Wednesday 4 June 2014

New York : Day One

So I was lucky enough to be taken away to New York to celebrate my 21st birthday. I was over there for 4 nights/5 days and it went so quickly. The city is incredible. When people say 'its the city that doesn't sleep' believe me it really doesn't. 

The trip was so jam packed, but it was perfect - we managed to do so many things in the short time we had. I was trying to combine all the best bits into one blog post, which was proving pretty difficult so I've decided to break it down day by day.

On the first day our flight landed at about 1pm, so we headed straight to the hotel and dropped of all our bags before setting out. Our hotel was in such a good location, about a 2 minute walk away from times square! Our first stop for a much needed drink was Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square.

We had booked to go to an oyster bar in Grand Central Station for an early dinner. Some friends of ours we were with tried to go last time they were in New York but couldn't - so luckily we booked in advance! Grand Central Station is by far one of the most interesting train stations I've ever been too, it feels more like a quirky shopping mall than a train station. If your heading to New York, it really is a must see at least just the amount of films its featured in! The atmosphere was so lively.

Our evening was spent on Broadway watching Chicago, which if I'm honest wasn't the best production I have seen so I was slightly disappointed. It was a silly mistake us booking to go on our first night in New York, as I had been awake since 3am English time, with little sleep on the plane! So as you can imagine bed was calling!



















Where From?
Skirt - H&M
Top - Topshop
Necklace - eBay
Shoes - H&M


Day Two.... Coming shortly!


Thanks for reading!

Emma
x


No comments:

Post a Comment