Sunday 31 August 2014

Notting Hill Carnival 24/08/14

So for the first year ever I headed down to Notting Hill Carnival! I had been looking forward to it for ages, especially as I had heard such good things from people who had been in previous years. I had never seen London like that. Just even getting to the carnival on the tube was chaos but got there in there end.

The whole atmosphere was amazing. It was so weird seeing Notting Hill like this, as I have only been used to seeing it with the market and normally quite a quiet area. It was the fiftieth notting hill carnival and over one million people went over the two days.

The actual carnival was so fun to watch and dance along too. Some people had some amazing costumes. It was so nice to see everyone in full spirit, even the people who live in the area opened up their houses selling drinks, food, and sharing their toilets! There was road closed off where street parties were taking place. We stopped at several stages, watched the local DJ's and danced away! I brought some goat curry and jerk chicken throughout the day, which both tasted amazing.

As much as I would love to share with you the over 100 photos I took I had to be selective to a few! Enjoy!































Where From?
Kimono - New Look
Co-ord - Topshop
Sandles - H&M
Rucksack - Topshop (sold out online)
Hat - Topshop


I hope you all had a great bank holiday whatever you got up too.

Thanks for reading.

Emma

x




No comments:

Post a Comment